Monday, September 29, 2008

Exhausted

Hey guys!

Last night I stayed up extremely late, and I had already felt exhausted as it is, even before I had arrived in this country. I bumbled around a lot, and I was unable to accomplish anything meaningful. Confused and disoriented, exhausted. I even tried to locate several restaurants and could not. This seems to be a perpetual problem. There are not enough street signs here, and even crossing the street is crazy because of the insane traffic here.

It's best sometimes to just call it a day. I find it extremely difficult to accomplish anything here on my own. Using a telephone here is also not straightforward. Levon had told me to get a local SIM card, so that it would be cheaper than using my American cell phone on roaming. I just haven't figured it out yet. I don't even know where to find these cards in the stores.

I still feel bloated and my stomach is upset, and I'm tired. Karine came by the hostel to check up on me, and I reassured here that I was otherwise ok. I've been burning the candle at both ends, and it's finally caught up with me.

I had dinner tonight at a restaurant called Dolmama's. It's very refined and the food delicious and presented very nicely, but I think it's overpriced. It is rare that I pay this much for dinner back home, and Armenia is usually a very inexpensive country. Restaurants here seem to be hit or miss.

Dave

No comments: